Thursday, April 16, 2009

The beginning of a fiber addiction

How on earth did this fiber addiction happen you ask?

October 2005: Nikobee discovered Etsy

Early 2006: Nikobee purchase a "Learn to Spin" drop spindle kit on Etsy

Late 2006: Nikobee purchase an Ashford Kiwi Spinning Wheel from The Upstairs Studio in LaPort, TX

meet my wheel: Earla

2007-2008: Earla pretty much sat motionless. I attribute this to being a new spinner, having some really bad fiber and lack of knowledge.

March 2009: I got the bug... I don't recall what inspired it but it happened. I decided I needed to use my investment (Earla) . I went to the TXOLAN Alpaca Show in Ft. Worth and purchased some New Zealand wool while I was there. I have always loved color and decided that I can do this... I can dye my own wool. There are some AMAZING resources out there for fiber so I got busy. First I dyed up a pound or two of fiber purchased locally... then I ordered 10lbs and I have been in the dye pots the past two weeks.

This blog will be an account of my journey and behind the scenes "how to" of my Etsy Shop www.nikobee.etsy.com

No comments: